Robert O. Fox
900 S. Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
- Medical Devices
- Chemical Processes
- Oil, Gas and Water Well Technology
- Environmental Remediation
- Mechanical Systems
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Inkjet Printing
Bob has a broad practice in all aspects of intellectual property law. His patent practice includes drafting and prosecuting utility and design patent applications, patentability searches and opinions, clearance searches and opinions, infringement and non-infringement opinions, preparation of patent license agreements, and practice before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Bob prosecutes patent applications in a wide variety of fields including medical devices, chemical processes, oil, gas and water well technology, environmental remediation, mechanical devices, computer hardware and software, and inkjet printing technology.
Bob’s trademark practice includes preparation and prosecution of trademark applications, trademark searches, trademark infringement analysis, counseling in all aspects of adoption, use, and protection of trademark rights, preparation of trademark license agreements, and litigation before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in federal court.
Bob also files and prosecutes federal copyright registration applications, prepares copyright license agreements, and handles copyright litigation in federal court.
Bob is currently President of LuedekaNeely and has been a shareholder with the firm since 1996. Prior to joining Luedeka Neely, Bob worked for Jones, Askew & Lunsford in Atlanta, Georgia from 1988-1991. From 1984-1986, he was employed by Schlumberger Well Services as a Field Engineer where he worked in open and cased hole oil and gas wells in Louisiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering from Vanderbilt University - 1984
- Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Kentucky - 1989
- Georgia (State bar) 1989
- Tennessee (State bar) 1992
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1990 (Registered Patent Attorney)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 1993
- Northern District of Georgia (Federal court) 1989
- Eastern District of Tennessee (Federal court) 1993
- Western District of Wisconsin (Federal Court) 2004
- Knoxville Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Bob enjoys sports of all types, played football in college, and enjoys ice hockey, hiking, hunting, and fishing. Bob also participates in triathlons, bike riding, and other endurance events. Bob participates in various community activities and travels nationally as a speaker on topics relating to good control of diabetes.